Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall in Dallas

Drew and I got to go home to Dallas for almost 2 weeks at the beginning of October!  We planned the trip far in advance mostly because...our high school reunion was happening.  Drew was a class officer and sort of helped the others in planning it and to be honest?  I wanted to go.  I figured it's like prom - you might not have the best time but you'll always be glad you went.  Or something like that.  Plus it was TX/OU weekend, plus we hadn't been home in awhile, plus we wanted to see our peeps, so it came at the perfect time!

The reunion surprisingly turned out to be like...really fun.  Way more fun and way less awkward than anyone anticipated.  We had almost 200 people there and I feel like everyone was genuinely happy to see everyone there, whether you were friends in high school or not.  It was positive and optimistic and just good quality...fun.

This was one of the only pictures we got together that night, and I'm not even looking at the camera.  Oh well!

Having a good confidence boosting drink at Dev's house before the reunion with Kathleen, El, and Lindsay.

Me and Linds being photobombed by Win.
Mere and Paula had a big brunch for us the next morning at the house, and everyone drank mimosas, rehashed the evening and who said or did what, and everyone brought their BEBEEEES!  And I naturally took pictures of Drew with all of them.

Drew and Peanut!

Drew and cutie bebe Tinley, who we got to meet for the first time!

Drew and WalkMan!
My birthday was Monday so it was also fun being in Dallas for that.  I went to lunch with some girls and went shopping for a bunch of new clothes and then had a fam din at my parent's house.  I didn't take any pictures of people but I DID capture this amazing cheesecake my mama made.

This is a peanut butter cheesecake with a sugary sour cream topping and a BROWNIE crust!  HELP! 

We also had a big Solomon family dinner on Tuesday night and we got to see all our peeps, including but not limited to...bebe Tyce! 

I'm in love.  Look at that face.
I also got some quality friend time.  I saw my b-fries mostly every day, had some quality outdoor time, lots of long walks with different peeps, lots of wine, lots of good Mexican food, lots of happiness.

Arboretum!

With some cuties!

There's nothing like an afternoon on a blanket overlooking the lake with some wine and 2 bald babies!

Hangin out at Cait's

Drew and his ladies.

Then on Friday night Evan was in town and we finally got to meet his sweet gf!
 Drew got to go to the TX/OU game on Saturday - and we WON!!  And I meanwhile got to hang out with the other love(s) of my life.  ANNNNNIIIEEE!  John and Lauren graciously drove on I-35 during the TX/OU traffic to make it all possible.

Angel bebe cutie eating!

Bebe in a diaper at Aunt Lolly's house.

Cutie with a big hat on.

Sweet family in the pumpkin patch!

Us too, damnit.

And there's kooky Poppy and Gigi with Annie, and a pumpkin on my mother's head.

Soccer!

Bath time!

Murphman.  Precious puddin pie.

Fun with sidewalk chalk in her PJs.

It's allll over her face, hair, and hands.  SO. CUTE.
I should probably use a Thesaurus for the word "cute" as I've said it maybe 20 times in this post, but I can't not.  Sorry not sorry.

We had a great time being home, perhaps the best trip thus far.  For some reason, I've been anxious about moving back to Dallas.  We have less than a year and the future is totally unknown and I've just felt weird about it.  But this trip made me more excited than I was and made me think that it would be better than I'd thought.  But more on that later.

We have a bank holiday this weekend so Drew and I are off to drive around the Cotswolds in the English countryside.  I'll post more upon my return!




1 comment:

  1. Maybe the reunion was so much fun was because everyone was ten-years older and all that high school stuff was behind you! Hmmmm... And so many babies! Sounds like a great trip. Hook 'em!

    ReplyDelete