Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Paint n' Partyin

A few weeks ago, Kathleen, Lindsay, Devin and I decided to cash in our Groupon that we purchased last Spring and make our artistic dreams of being painters come true. We went to Painting with a Twist, which is like the Paint n' Party of our youth, but with wine and cheese this time! You can bring your own wine and food and learn how to paint the same generic painting as everyone else, while adding your own unique, drunk twist. And that we did.

When we originally found out what we were painting, a boozy redhead party girl entitled "Lucy on the Loose", I was a little irritated. Of ALL the selections, we have to do this one? What am I supposed to do with this? But as Lindsay pointed out...was this not the most appropriate/awesome painting this group of girls could have done? You bet it was!



The beginning of the end of Lucy. On the loose.

I'm concentrating very hard on blending my blue and white and painting the dress within the lines.

Halfway there....

All four of us with our finished paintings! As you can see, they are all the same, but DIFFERENT. Creativity people!! I'm jealous of Devin's blonde one. Sigh.

The finished product was a wild haired Lucy who was living the dream. As my friend Moll said, "Excuse me, bartender? I'll have what she's having!" But seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment