Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Guess It's Official

I told my bosses and coworkers last Friday about Ireland.  And that I'm leaving in a month.  It was hard and not pleasant.  I thought about waiting until Monday but I figured I better get it over with and not have it hanging over my head all weekend.  

I nervously walked into my boss' office:

Me: Can I talk to you for a second?
Boss (her face dropping):  Oh shit.  When are you leaving?  Where are you going?
Me: Um, well, it's not like that, I...well I...

And then I promptly burst into tears and sobbed and squeaked my way through the rest of the meeting, explaining that Drew was going to Ireland for his job, I was going with him, my last day will be in a month, we leave in July, etc.  She was very nice and very supportive.  And then I had to do the whole thing over again with my other boss, the rest of my coworkers, our Executive Director, and then my clients - where I may or may not have teared up again.  I'm relieved it's over and everyone knows and it's out in the open (and I can openly blog, Tweet, Facebook, etc.) but it's still hard and GOING to get harder, the closer I get.  Goodbyes always hang over my head and cause me major anxiety - and usually the anxiety is worse than the goodbye.  It'll be a busy next few weeks so I better get my shit done and make it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment