Monday, December 3, 2012

Last Few Days

The only things I currently have to write about are my friends leaving, my horrible whooping cough that won't go away after a round and a half of antibiotics, my lack of energy last week, and our low key weekend.  So I'll just post some pics cause everyone likes that anyway, right?

Molly left Saturday morning.  I was sad.  I might have cried as her bus pulled away.  Then I slept off my tears and we all got up and went to a delicious lunch at Messer's, a pub right on the water.  And we got a front row seat to the ENORMOUS protest put on by literally everyone in Dublin, marching for (or against, as it were) austerity.  What is austerity, you may ask?  According to Wikipedia, it's the "policy of deficit-cutting by lowering spending via a reduction in the amount of benefits and public services provided."  You learn something new every day.  But most of you probably already knew what that was.
Thousands of peeps.

A scary skull float..?
Then we went Christmas shopping and wandered around the city and went home to watch Christmas movies and drink cocktails.  And then we went to Dillinger's, this balla restaurant in Ranelagh I'd never been to before.  REAL good.



Me and Mere's pumpkin & feta pasta with mint pesto.  SO DELISH.  I still dream of it.
Drew's pulled pork sandwich, complete with corn on the cob and CHILI CHEESE FRIES!!  He had no choice.
Happiness!  But sadness cause she's leaving the next day.
So like I've written...Mere left Sunday and Drew and I were both pretty down in the dumps about our lack of visiting friends in our apartment.  So we shopped and got hot chocolate and watched more Christmas movies.  It helped a little I guess.

Last week, I literally did nothing except grocery shop and laundry.  And I slept a lot and moped a lot and felt sorry for myself because I was really sick and I missed my friends.  So sue me!   Looking at this picture from Dallas Thanksgiving every day kinda helped.

My two favorites in the whole world.
I went to the library and got a new book and treated myself to a hot chocolate and brownie one day.  That helped some too.

Ahhhh.
Drew worked a little late on Friday so we stayed in and watched Christmas Vacation on the blown up air mattress in our living room.  Fun times.

"Can I refill your eggnog for you, Eddie?  Get you something to eat?  Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"
On Saturday we went to lunch with some pals and Drew played with their new baby.  So that was cute and fun.  


Saturday night I had a Christmas party book/gift exchange with the fun people from my American Women's Group.  We saw a movie on Sunday (The Silver Linings Playbook, I highly recommend it) and wandered around the city in the rain.  Very low key but a good weekend nonetheless.

 Have I sufficiently bored you yet?  Sorry.  But brace yourselves- because tomorrow I have a GUEST BLOGGER appearing and it's gonna be GREAT!  Stay tuned!


1 comment: