Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dublin Summer

The past 10 days, it was officially summer in Dubs!  Bright blue skies and a sweet 65° = happiness.  We almost forgot where we lived!  Every Dubliner has been out and about in the city and any park you walk through, you'll find it PACKED with people laying in the sun, with or without clothes.  And lots of poor sunburned Irish people because their poor skin can't handle the sun.  The whole thing has been pretty unbelievable and almost too good to be true - no one's wanted to jinx anything and mention the threat of clouds or rain and ruin our blissful [short] season of summer!

I haven't written in like...two weeks because we literally got off the plane from Belgium and IMMEDIATELY started moving into our new place!  And we've been doing nothing but packing and moving and unpacking and organizing and we get in bed every night exhausted.  So sincerest apologies to my 3 readers out there.  We took a trip to Ikea this weekend and narrowly escaped without killing each other - but did get some decent furniture to fit out our place with.  Yay!  I can't wait to invite all of you over.  So come visit me, damnit.

Here are some summery weekend pics.

The cute family of swans and their babies (did you know they were called signets?)  that I get to see every day when I walk through St. Stephen's Green!  The city of Dublin has adopted them and they're always surrounded by people taking pics.  Cuties.

Date night at The Chophouse to celebrate a paycheck and a new apartment!  (Getting drinks and watching soccer beforehand here though.)

Kook.

All afternoon/night BBQ at Tom and Missy's!  That's Tracy, Autumn, me, and Missy.  Fun in the sun.

Myself, Autumn, and fruity summer cider.

Beautiful coast on Sunday!

I just finished dominating a 4-mile run (first time in like....months to run!  I think I was inspired by the weather) and Drew was golfing so I took some much needed ME time by the water.  Lovely.


Alright, enough about me - I'm going to sleep in our new place!  I'll post more pics about our trip to Belgium tomorrow.  Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. show some pics of the new digs with your stuff in it!

    ReplyDelete