Thursday, March 6, 2014

Parisian Street Style

Sometimes, bloggers type in this format.

I don't know how I feel about it. 

But this felt appropriate.

As a sudden faux fashion/travel blogger, I wanted to share some
nontraditional
yet
 cliche
pictures we took.
Betsy and Hannah shopped and Meredith and I played with the camera.

Here are the results.

------------------


Subject: Meredith
Age: 29
Occupation: Yelp sales balla.

Style philosophy: "My style philosophy?  Why buy it full price when you can wait until it's out of season and buy it half off?  I like to think of my style as a time capsule, provoking onlookers to think, 'I remember seeing that on the racks...4 years ago.' Or at a local PTA meeting."

Favorite stores: I work on 5th Avenue off Union Square so all my favorite stores are in walking distance - Anthropologie, Madewell, Gap, Old Navy, Joe Fresh.



Subject: Lauren
Age: 22
Occupation: Real Housewife and world-renowned blogger
City: Dublin

Style philosophy: "I like paring older, cheaper pieces of clothing with other old, cheap pieces of clothing....to look fabulous!  I'm never afraid to experiment with color - namely, the color black."

Favorite stores: Target, H&M, Gap, and Nordstrom and Neiman's when she has gift cards or Northpark Gold


Subject: Betsy (or "B" as her friends call her.)
Age: 25
City: New York
Occupation: Corporate oil and gas balla.

Style philosophy:  "When getting ready, I ask myself: is this more Samantha, or Miranda?"
What her friends say: "She has things we can only dream about owning."
Favorite stores: Calypso, Christian Louboutin, Bergdorf's

(Editor's Note: we regrettably do not have as many pictures of B as we would like due to her absence during the photo shoots.  She was shopping for the fabulous things the other two can only dream of when they were approached by our cameras.)





Lauren's outfit:
Top:  Blouse, H&M
Pants:  Coated jeans, Madewell
Shoes: Boots, Steve Madden
Accessories: Necklace, Madewell; purse, Tori Burch
Coat: Kenneth Cole Reaction, circa 2003.  
("You say old and outdated, I say timeless, classic,  vintage!")



Meredith's outfit~
Top: Bordeaux top, Anthropologie.  Black blazer, White House|Black Market.
Pants: Jeans, Old Navy
Shoes:  Booties, Old Navy
Accessories: Necklace, Madewell.  Purse, Cole Haan.
Coat:  Banana Republic
"You know the phrase, 'If at first you don't succeed, try try again'?  I prefer 'If it actually fits, wear wear again...like literally all the time, down to the thread, with stains and holes and all.'"






B's outfit:
Top:  Silk shirt, Equipment.
Pants:  Leather skirt, Vince.
Shoes: Booties, Isabel Marant.
Accessories: scarf, Epice. 
Coat: Elie Tahari
"I may look put together, but what you don't see in the pics are the shocked Parisian faces for all the times my skirt came up...including one unfortunate incident where it got stuck in my tights as I came out of a dressing room.  #moonlightinparis"













Thanks for visiting our fashion blog.  Check in soon for more fashion updates!  

Ok, I'm kidding.  I can't even say that with a straight face.

Thank you to B, Mere, and Hannah for being willing and gracious subjects, and even better travel partners!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of you and Mere with a glass and bottle...kind of captures you both! If you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete