Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Busy Busy Busy

Not that I write too often anyway, but I'm mostly writing now to admit that I'll probably be writing even less frequently than I have been (if you can't already tell).

We have pretty much experienced the last free weekend in Dublin that we'll have in...a really long time.   We've got 3 straight weeks of visitors, plus a couple weekend trips upcoming.  I'm staring down the barrel of 4 months left and we're trying to pack in as much as we can - mostly by distracting ourselves (myself) from thinking about what that actually means.  Anyway.  More on that later.

First up, we have one of my college b-fries, Blakely, and her boyfriend PK coming over for St. Paddy's Day week!  We're gonna go out with all the Irish folk on Sunday and Monday, do some touristy stuff throughout the week, and they're headed to Galway for the tail end of their trip to see the Cliffs of Moher.

Next, my parents get here the day before Blakely and PK leave!  They're coming for a week and we're going to the Dingle Peninsula (yes, you can laugh) for the first two days, and then some touristy Dublin stuff the rest of the week.  I can't wait to show them our city!

Then our pal Ellen comes for a few days to check out some parts of Ireland from our home-base apartment.  After her visit, we're off to Bordeaux for a weekend of wine-drinking, then another weekend of biking around the Aran Islands in Ireland, and then St. Andrews in Scotland for Easter weekend with our pals John and Natalie.

I'm exhausted and am annoyed with how I sound even typing this out.  But mostly I'm just telling my [small] viewing public that I'll be in and out, unfortunately, and I find that this is the best way for me to cope with this big impending life change that I'm kind of dreading.

I'll post more this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment