Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mischa

High school friends, college friends; fans of the OC-

I have news of a most alarming and disturbing nature.

After enrolling myself in some Spanish classes for the fall semester and rewarding myself with a lovely new top at H&M, I was strolling home through a very touristy part of Dublin.  And I saw this:


Mischa.  My Mischa.  IN THE CITY I LIVE IN!  Staying here!  And being reduced to THIS!  Touring around small theaters in Ireland doing some bullshit play with some bullshit people, trying to stay significant but failing miserably!!

Is anyone else as disturbed by this as I am??

It seemed like only yesterday she was haunting all of us as Marissa Cooper, doing some of the best/worst (but we didn't care) acting of her career.  And it was only a mere 7 YEARS AGO (wow, that's longer than I thought) that me, Steph, Nell, and Mere had the chance to MEET her in her prime, while living the dream in Siena, Italy!


(I'd also like to apologize for posting this picture to everyone in it, aside from Mischa but including myself, because we've all lost between 10 and 30 pounds since then.  Whoops.   What did you want from us??  Our mothers only fed us fried food in Spain and we felt bad not eating it!!)

I digress.  Mischa.  This picture was when she was in her prime and now she's here, touring around Ireland, and hardly anyone knows or cares what she's doing in the world.  Except ME.

She's only here until Saturday, September 22, but I'm determined to see this play even though I'm looking at a relatively busy schedule over the next few days.  I'm also determined to find out where she's staying - and if you think I haven't already Googled the places I'm most likely to find her, you're crazy.

I know each of you, high school/college friends and fans, must feel the same way as I do.  If you don't, I dare you to go put in Disc 6 of Season 2 of the O.C. and tell me her face doesn't give you chills!

That's all.

Love,
A devoted Mischa fan


2 comments:

  1. OMG! And how looooong did her picture hang in your every living space since Spain! I know your heart, and the hearts of many of your friends, are broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is hilarious. please go see her and take pics!!

    ReplyDelete