Wednesday, February 27, 2013

J-O-B

Hey!  Remember that one time when I blogged about feeling blah and uninspired to write?  Or not HAVING anything to write about?  Well...I guess God had other things in mind and I'm finally able to take a breather and write about them.  And boy do I have some big news!

No, I'm not pregnant.

The Solomons came on Wednesday, February 13.  (Which I'll blog about later!)  Woohoo!  That was also the same day I had an actual interview at a job I randomly applied for about a week and a half before.  We took a day trip two days later on Friday, the same day I got an OFFER!  And then I started MY NEW JOB the following Monday!  Holy smokes.

So....I randomly applied for this random job I randomly saw on a random website that I haven't looked at in months.  I don't know what made me do it but the description was for a Part-Time Office Manager at an American tech start-up company based in San Fran (started by some Irish guys) who were now opening a Dublin office.  It sounded interesting and it was a long shot but I applied anyway.  I had a Skype interview with San Fran a week later, then the aforementioned in-person interview, then the job offer!  It all happened so fast and I'm still not even sure what just happened but...I have a job.  Something I never thought I'd find over here.  And...surprisingly, it feels good.

I was really worried at first.  I have a life here!  Yes, sometimes it's boring, but...I've attempted to fill it with cool and interesting things.  Spanish classes.  History classes.  Volunteering.  Friends.  Running.  Cooking.  Leisure.  I enjoyed that.  So sue me.  I was concerned about my trips, my visitors, and other things I've already planned that I can't/won't get out of.  Besides that, I haven't worked in 8 months.  My career self-esteem is less than zero and my brain doesn't function anymore.  I just feel like this came out of nowehere and while I've been praying for change and/or big things in whatever form that came in, I just...wasn't expecting this and don't know what...I'm doing with my life.

But besides the panic, I'm also...excited.  The more I talked to the peeps in San Fran the more I began to see that this could be a really cool opportunity.  I'm excited about using my brain again.  A functioning brain that used to be good for something.  I'm excited about working for a tech start-up company in Dublin, which I'll never have the opportunity to do ever again.  Excited about making extra money!  Getting a bigger apartment!  Providing financially for my family, albeit in an extremely small way!  Getting new clothes for work!  Having an excuse to leave the apartment again!  Meeting new people!  Doing new things!  Etc!

An absolutely terrible picture of me Drew insisted on taking on my first day of work.
I have a lot more to talk about and blog about, but I just wanted to explain my hiatus for the past 3 weeks.  Visitors and more visitors + new job where I'm super busy building a new office from the ground up (literally, I've been overseeing construction of the office the past 2 days) = a crazy frazzled kook who needs to get her shit together and start writing again.  Forgive me.

Ok, more to come in the next few days.  I've missed you all.  Goodnight!



1 comment:

  1. It's about time. We've missed you. Sounds exciting, and can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete