Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Suz & David are/were here!

Holy smokes!  I have so much stuff to write about: the Solomons visit, Drew's friend's visit, Drew's aunt and uncle's visit, my job, travel, friends, food, drinks, etc.   So much stuff that it overwhelmes me.  So let's get started!

The Solomons came to visit in the middle of February!  We were really looking forward to having them here after a shitty January, both work wise for Drew and weather wise for both of us.  It was the perfect way to bring in the Spring!  (The Irish consider February 1st the first day of Spring.  Hmm.)


They got here on a Wednesday afternoon, napped a little while I went to class, came to see our apartment, and then we met Drew at the Ferryman for drinks!
Side note: that was my Guinness.  But we let her borrow it for the picture!
On Thursday, I woke Susan and David from their slumber around 10:15am by calling their hotel room, panicked that they were waiting for me, that their phone died, that something bad happened.  But nope, they just needed their beauty rest - understandable.  We strolled over to Lolly and Cooks via Merrion Square and then walked through St. Stephen's Green, down Grafton, over to Trinity, and to see the Book of Kells.  Lots of sights in a short amount of time but they were walking champs.  I took them to The Hairy Lemon for lunch, our new favorite pub for Irish fare and incredibly friendly people, and they got their share of delicious Irish food and friendly banter with the bartenders.  They didn't disappoint.

In St. Stephen's Green, we saw them filming a new BBC show starring Gabriel Byrne called Quirke!  I made them stay around a lot longer than they probably wanted to cause I was desperate for celeb sightings.  We got to watch them film a scene though!  Cool!

David with his Bangers & Mash and Guinness!
After lunch, they headed over to the Guinness Storehouse and I wandered around aimlessly.  I think they liked it.  
Suz with her tiny tasting of Guinness.
 I had a little Valentine's cocktail party to attend, so Drew took his parents for some drinks in Ranelagh before our Valentine's double date at the Butcher's Grill!  It was pretty damn good.

Happiness!

Cuties outside their hotel after din.
 Great first couple of days overall and really great sights, food, and drinks!  Duh.  Ok, more on their trip next time.  Going to eat some din.  Seeeeeee ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment