Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sllooowww

Guys,  I need to be real with you about something: I'm losing steam.  Mostly with this blogging stuff.  I love blogging and I love writing but some days/weeks I just don't feel like I have great stuff to write about.  And I hate feeling like I HAVE to write, because I know I gotta keep it up to keep the very few readers happy, and...I just feel like it's a lost cause at this point.

Drew keeps telling me that I don't just have to write about "events" and things we do, I can just write about my thoughts.  "I don't know, just...write about your thoughts!  Think some thoughts and write about them!" he says.  Good advice.  But if I'm being real with you again, my readers might not wanna hear my thoueghts right now.  The weather is funny and Drew works a lot.  January and February are just hard.  Some days/weeks are fun.  Some days are not.  Some days I sleep in.  Some days I do laundry.  Some days I get up early and go run along the coast and really appreciate my life and where I am.  Some days I'm in a funk because it rains all day and the wind blows so hard and you can hardly go outside without getting raped by the elements.  Some days I go to lunch with friends.  Some days I volunteer.  Some days I go hang out at my wealthy friend's houses and feel happy I have friends but inadequate with my tiny ass apartment.  Some days I'm incredibly sad that one of my best friends is about to go into labor and I'm not there.  Some days I feel grateful and know that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.  Some days I refuse to brave the weather and don't go to the gym.  Some days I totally surprise myself and run 4 miles!  Some days I have panic attacks about jobs and the fact that I'm still not working or providing and I have no clue what I'm doing with my life.  Some days I cook.  Some days I don't.  Some days I go to my Spanish classes and history classes and feel great about myself and feel great about life.

Most days I don't see Drew.  Even on the weekends he's been working all day.  And then we have stuff to do at night so we're with people and then when we get home he's so exhausted he goes straight to sleep.  And then we repeat it all over again.  So...right now I don't feel like I have a husband but I know it's temporary and I'm incredibly thankful that he's less stressed than he usually is in Dallas.  That's a relief.  And I know this is temporary.

See?  These thoughts are fun or good and they're probably scaring my parents right now, who are incredibly fearful of me falling into some sort of deep seasonal depression.  But I'm not!  I swear!  I just...don't have a ton to write about or a ton to say right now.

The good news is that starting next week, we've got a month of visitors!  Drew's parents come next week, then his friends from PWC Dallas, then his aunt and uncle, and then two weeks later my b-fries come!  Woohoo!  We have a lot of other fun activities coming up and some travel plans so we're excited about that...but for now, it's just a little slow.  That's ok though.  Such is life sometimes.

Alright, I'm gonna get off my backside and go walk to my spin class in the rain.  Lovely.  Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for some posts about Irish culture. What makes the Irish tick? What is "typical Irish"? Do they have distinctive mannerisms, worldviews, traditions, grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, traditions, humor, etc? So that's fodder for more blog posts.

    -Your brother

    ReplyDelete