Thursday, March 28, 2013

Visitors Part 4: Lindsay and Kathleen!

My other best friends came to visit for St. Patrick's Day!  Yayyyy!  I've been looking forward to this since Christmas and I couldn't believe the time had come.  Also because I'd been so frazzled at work that I could hardly focus on anything else.  But more on that later.

This trip felt a little different initially because we really had no set plans or agenda, no reservations anywhere, no decided St. Patrick's Day plans, no nothing.  Just fun togetherness time that would develop organically - and it did, seamlessly!

The girls had a hellacious time getting to Dublin, as their flights were delayed, cancelled, missed; they got in late without baggage for a full 24 hours, they hadn't slept, but they had the best attitudes and were champs about the whole thing.
Yay!!  They're here!  

Saturday morning: the most crowded Guinness Storehouse tour the world has ever seen.   But fun.

Sexy gills with the mountains in the background!  (Though you can't really see them.)
We had lunch at The Hairy Lemon, walked around Grafton Street, stopped by Trinity College, napped a bit, and got ready for some drinks at my friend Lauren's house (with a bunch of our other friends and all THEIR friends that were in town). 

My fellow Real Housewives of Dublin: Kim, me, Kristin, Lauren.
As we were leaving Lauren's, we got phone calls from the airport couriers alerting us at they were at the apartment with Lindsay and Kathleen's bags!  VICTORY!  Drew took off from Lauren's in the fastest dead sprint that I've seen since our jaunt through the Paris airport in October, and the Lake Highlands basketball court circa 2003.  Holy smokes.  Lindsay and Kathleen weren't too far behind and I was trying to breathe through my laughter.  Funny stuff.

Two exhausted girls with their bags.  (Kathleen is kissing her's.)

A Drew sandwich/celebratory hug in the elevator. 

After dinner, we went to The Stag's Head for drinks and live music, as per usual.

KP showcasing her beer.

Cheers!

Lindsay and Drew gettin' close.  Not sure what's going on here.

Some guys at the bar nearby tried to get both of the girls dancing.  This is Lindsay protesting.

And this is her giving in and dancing a short jig to shut them up.

Now onto Kathleen!
 We then met up with the people from Lauren's at a techno dance club I'd never been to or heard of with a €10 cover that I still owe L&K.  Drew was in hell as it wasn't his scene but I was livin' it up on the dance floor, pretending I was 21 again.  Sigh.

We crashed and burned at home and prepared ourselves for St. Patrick's Day: Dublin Style!  More on that next time.  Great first day with my pals!

No comments:

Post a Comment