Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas in Dallas 2013

I've taken an almost 1 month hiatus but now I'm BACK!  I fully intended on writing while I was in Dallas but it just tends to get away from you.  So yeah...we've been in Dallas for 2 weeks and we're finally back in the swing of things, getting caught up with life.  Our trip was fun and wonderful as it always is, but this trip felt a lot more...busy!  We felt spread vveerryyy thin among two sets of parents, two sets of siblings, extended families, and multiple friend groups.  It's a great problem to have, but it also felt like we couldn't have good solid quality time with our peeps cause I always felt guilty for not being somewhere else or was checking the clock cause we were gonna be late for something with somebody!  I feel the need to apologize to everyone we encountered for this very issue BUT...I'm comforted by the fact that this will be our last trip home before we officially move back for good.  Which is weird.  But exciting.  More on that later.

Here are some pics and highlights from our trip home:

We had our annual Chrismukkah party again this year and it was a hit!

Pic with my b-fri Molly, because she never gets any cred in my photos!  Woohoooo

Happy pic of my other party peeps towards the end of the night.
 And let's not forget the main attraction...our precious Annie!  We were basically...wherever she was.  And it was worth every minute with her.

Reading with Uncle Drew.

She followed me outside after she finished making banana muffins with Drew - sporting her apron, timer, and hat.

Cutie's brave parents let her venture to Shepler's BY HERSELF with us so we could buy her her first pair of cowboy boots!  It went mostly well until she started knocking over several racks of hats with reckless abandon.  There were tears.  A stuffed Bevo was the only solution so we bought that for her too.

Only picture I have surrounding Christmas.  Nothing with the rest of my family or with Drew's family.  I suck.  But look at the bebe police officer!

Caitlin's parents have a party every year on Christmas night so we decided to pop over there for the first time ever.  It was fun!

Blakely came in town not once, but TWICE!  Wine night with Mere and I.  Yay!

And this is the only picture I have with my sista and Blakesta...and we're conveniently telling him goodbye.  Just like he'd been waiting all week for us to do.  We had a lot of fun with them both too and shout out to Bethie for letting us use her room the entire time!
For New Year's Eve, a small group of us went to dinner at Neighborhood Services and then to a local watering hole, One Nostalgia Place (or Cocktails and Dancing) to ring in the new year with a bunch of random people.  And some karaoke.




Chad was nailing it on this Pearl Jam song.
I'm choosing not to post the videos of Caitlin and myself performing "Mustang Sally" as I sound...pretty unbelievable.

Nell and Peter met up with us after their other party!  Woohoo

New Year's Smoochies!
 The next day, John, Lauren, and Annie returned, which means I devoted the rest of my life to them.  Thus the rest of this blog will be devoted to her.  #sorrynotsorry

Isn't she the most beautiful child?
#mynieceiscuterthanyours

Modeling her new boots!  She walked around like she'd just gotten off of a horse or like she couldn't figure out what they were, but I imagine she'll break them in with time.

She was reading a book with Poppy so I decided to put on makeup.  She jumped off his lap and raced over to me and started playing with all my brushes.  Silly bebe.

Drew was eating breakfast after Bebe finished and she asked if she could have some.  She proceeded to finish his entire bowl....

And then move on to mine.  She even dug her hands in there to get the raisins out of my Raisin Bran!  My favorite part!    That sneak.

She cuddled up to Drew like this multiple times so she could watch videos of herself on our phones.  She loves those things.

And lastly...she was playing around in my suitcase while I was packing.  I was this close to zipping it up and running out the door.  Sigh.
It was a great break and it was so good to be home, as it always is.  It went by in a flash but we'll be back before we know it.

I fully anticipate writing a lot more soon, because I actually have things to write about.  So I'll be back tomorrow.  Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. i maaaaaade it! yes! thanks, bfri :)
    love you. mg

    ReplyDelete