Monday, July 8, 2013

Dubliniversary

We've officially been in Ireland for a year, last week.  I already can't believe it's July, and I certainly can't believe it's been a whole YEAR since the scaredy-cats that were our former selves showed up here - a couple of young kids who had no idea what they were getting themselves into.  I rarely read those first posts from Dublin, but when I do I always tear up because they were so sad.  And it was really hard.  And we were so lost and confused and questioned what the hell we were doing so many times.  But now...that's so far away!  And we've built a life here for ourselves and we think it's probably the best thing we've ever done!

We went out on Tuesday and had some Guinness at the pub we went to on our first night and reminisced and looked at pics and laughed about our past year.

We decided....
The best thing(s) about living here: our relationship has grown by leaps and bounds and we get to travel a lot and we've made some life long friends.
The worst thing(s) about living here: it sometimes feels like a third world country (am I even allowed to say that?) and both of our jobs are sucking right now and I'm missing all the babies back in Texas.  I just added that last part.  That wasn't discussed but I just saw a picture of Annie and also of Walker on Instagram and my heart is getting tight.  Bye!

Some other stats we calculated for shits and giggles:
365 days in Ireland
7 countries visited
18 cities visited
Numerous friends made
1 awkward (American Women's) club joined
1 club started! (Check out the Texas Exes website - more on that to come!)
2 apartments (1 shitty, 1 awesome)
19 visitors
2 trips home
1 job started
A thousand pints of Guinness
A kazillion new meals made
12 lbs gained
9 lbs lost
10 million kilometers trekked by foot
1 St. Paddy's Day celebration
1 American Football game
211 European instagrams
140 Ireland Blog posts

First Instagram at Slattery's, a mere 52 weeks ago.
Just what we needed.


Can't tell if he's changed much in a year.
I imagine this next year will fly by, just like this one has.  But I don't want to think about that right now.  Cheers to a year!

1 comment: