Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 4th, Dublin Style

Last year, we went to a 4th of July party on our second day here.  Drew, Tracy and myself walked into this huge house where we didn't know anyone and felt like total dumbshits and tried to get to know people and blend in.  I broke a plate.  I liked the people there a lot but had no clue if I'd ever hear from them or see them again.

And now I'm happy to report that a year later, these people are now my best friends here.  I was excited but scared to death to move, mostly because I never thought we'd make friends in a million years.  Which is the same way I felt leaving high school, and then college, and leaving Dallas.  So it was a really cool full circle moment walking in to the same house we've been to over and over the past year and feeling totally comfortable and not feeling like the odd ones out, and feeling like we belonged.  That was nice.
Look at these amazing cookies Autumn made!
And a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!  It tasted as good as it looks.  She's gonna start her own bakery over here, God willing.
The baker with her masterpieces.

Friends!
Tara, Cassie, me, Tracy, Autumn, and Missy (the host).
Sparkler time!  Cause no 4th is complete without 'em.


Creepster.

Some killer dance moves towards the end of the evening.
We're blessed to have friends here and proud to be Americans and all that other jazz!  Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment