Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Solomon's Visit: Part One

I still haven't posted about the Solomon's visit almost a month ago!  They left a few weeks ago and we are still talking about the good times we had with the whole famdamnily while they were here.  It was a real treat having everyone together and having Blake and Beth be real troopers and stay with us, and showing them our city/country.  Yay!

They literally got off the plane, came to our apartment while Susan and David went to the hotel, we all napped, and then we headed out to the Queen of Tarts and to hear some live music at The Brazen Head!

All the siblings together!

A group of 4 Scots who delighted us with their bagpiping talents.  And indiscernible accents.

Bethie and I got picked to play the bell and whistle for the same song Susan and I did in February.  And they made another sexual joke in front of the whole pub and my face turned red again.  But the guys remembered us so that was fun!

The girls in action: bell ringing and whistle blowing.

I think I'm probably telling Beth how awkward I feel and how much I'm sweating during this song.

Live bagpipes!

Just a couple of my mates playing their instruments.

Susan's Instagram pic that I forgot to crop before I put on the blog.  Whoops!
We had to work on Monday and Tuesday so the 4 of them went all over the city and saw the sights.  That night we got some drinks at The Porterhouse and went to a live music and Irish dancing show.  Drew and I hadn't been to one of these before and let me just tell you: it was AMAZING.  I felt like a giddy little kid watching these people move 90 miles a minute!  They were incredibly talented and I'd highly recommend catching one of these shows if you're in Dublin!

"Their legs flail about as if independent from their body!"

I had a crush on/wanted to be the tall blonde girl on the right. 

There she is again with a costume change!  Sorry these iPhone pics are so blurry.
The best part: they needed some audience participation and they picked BETH to get on stage!  It was awesome.  I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.  This is her about to do a do-si-do or something Irish along those lines.
The next day, they saw more sights and did more fun things and we all ate a delicious pizza dinner at Paulie's.  And tomorrow I'll hopefully be posting about our family getaway to Northern Ireland, where we saw some of the most amazing views I've seen in my life!  Goodnight for now!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that pic of you looking at Beth looks exactly like you look when you have a fake smile plastered on your face and mumbling about how embarrassed you are. I have seen it a million times. At least!

    ReplyDelete