Thursday, February 6, 2014

Weeks Lately

I've been away awhile.  Whoops.  I apologize.  I think I haven't written because I don't really have a ton to write about.  I'm not cooking too many new things cause I have no one to cook for and I'm trying to be healthy so I'm making things that aren't fun (grilled chicken breasts and a side of random vegetable - not worth posting about).  My days and weeks are running together and they are beginning to look the same.

Mondays:  Sleep.  Run.  Yoga.  History class.  Writing.  Reading.  Computer time.  Dinner.  TV.

Tuesdays:  Sleep.  Gym.  History class.  Errands or Dublin city activity.  Yoga.  Writing.  Reading.  Dinner.  TV.

Wednesdays:  Free day!  Sleep.  Run.  Yoga.  Lunch with friends.  Lounge around.  More of the same.

Thursdays: Lounge around.  Gym class.  Treadmill.  Yoga.  More lounging, reading, writing.

Fridays:  Spanish class.  Run.  Wash hair.  Get ready for evening activities with my husband who I haven't seen all week and usually put make up on for the first time all week.  Whoops!

So...see?  There's not much to write about.  Not that I'm complaining - I'm happy as a clam with my week's activities and I find myself not having enough time to get things done that I want to.  I'm not sure how I ever managed when I had that God forsaken job but I guess I need to work on my time management skillz.

In other (sad) news, one of my best friends here, Missy, moved back to California a week ago.  We've all been dreading this day for awhile and it's already sucking without her, though we're trying to make the most of it.  Her fiance, Tom, is staying here until early May and will then move back before their wedding in late May...so thats good.  We had some fun last weekends with her so here are some pics!

We finally did a Dublin tourist activity and went to Kilmainham Gaol (jail), which is famous for the prisoners held there during the Irish independence movement.

Cool staircase.

Then we went to our fave BBQ place, Bison Bar, where they have saddles for bar stools.  Drew likes them, obviously.

Pretty day on the river before we walked to the Brazen Head, the oldest pub in Dublin.
(Missy hadn't done any of the aforementioned things before so it was an appropriate pre-party send off.)

The next weekend, we all went to Fade Street Social for a fun group din.

And then the girls went to Copper's - a trashy yet awesome rite-of-passage club that evidently everyone needs to go to once in their life.  Most young kids go here to find someone to hook up with but we just went for the music and dancing.  Really fun!  But there might have also been some drunken tears around 4am among all of us, I can't really be sure.

The next night, we had a low key pub night in Ranelagh with some of our peeps.
Missy, me, Autumn.

Hey hey the gang's all here!
And early the next morning, she left.  I proceeded to eat my emotions all day on Sunday and went and got ice cream on a freezing cold day.  Sometimes you just need it.

And then I went running along the coast the next day and saw this big beautiful rainbow!  God?  Is that you?
So...that's all I've been up to lately!  Pretty non eventful but it's been good and I'm still happy doing my thing, planning travel, learning new things, reading and writing, and hanging out!  More soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment