Saturday, June 7, 2014

O'Solomon Farewell Tour

Greetings from Positano!  I didn't get to blog yesterday due to us running around like chickens with our heads cut off packing, BUT we decided to bring a few appliances that would allow me to occasionally upload some pics and blog it out on our trip.  So here I am!

As I've mentioned, we're beginning our long-planned and much-anticipated Farewell to Europe tour today in Positano on Italy's Amalfi coast.  There was an early flight + a private car we hired to navigate the treacherous winding roads (and he may or may not have had to stop 3 times for me to throw up on the side of the road, sorry Vincenzo) and we arrived at our fabulous hotel!  We have a spacious apartment and we are both currently sitting in robes on our balcony overlooking the cliffside buildings and ocean, having a glass of wine.  Relaxation has begun!

Here are a few pics of our day!

Airplane selfie!


Main beach wayyyyy down the hill from our hotel.  Filled with a wide variety of American co-eds.  Umm HELLO I can see this junk at South Padre Island!  I don't need these fools invading my vacay.
(Luckily they were on some sort of tour and their buses all pulled away today.  Yay!)




Capricciosa pizza, lemonade, and beer on the beach at La Pergola.

Another selfie.  And my hair is evidently brown now.  What the hell.

Gelato!!

My Stracciatela and Nutella combo cone.  Heaven.

These were the lemons at the MiniMarket by our hotel.  Though you can't really tell, they are literally the size of my head.  I didn't even know they could get that big!
(Amalfi is a huge lemon/orange growing region.  They have lemonade, lemon granitas, and limoncello all over the place!  I ain't complainin.)
Our balcony.  Drew's got his restaurant research station set up here as we watch the sun go down behind the cliffs.

Tomorrow, we're hiking to a beach nearby while we wait for our best pal Evan's arrival with his gf Elise tomorrow night, and then dinner and food and pasta and pizza and wine and gelato and pasta and wine!!!

Alright, gonna turn this off and disconnect for a bit.  Until tomorrow.  Or the next time I blog.

Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment