Wednesday, June 4, 2014

San Francisco

We officially have less than a month left here and time seems to be FLYING.  Part of me is anxious and panicked, as per usual, but a larger part of me is calm and almost numb.  Which I think is how I felt when I was leaving Dallas to move here.  Even though I don't necessarily want to leave, it's happening, and I think I'm ready for it to just finally get here and happen.  After our fun trip, of course.

Anyway, we went to San Francisco last weekend!  Longest trip for the shortest amount of time EVER, but I was so glad we went when it was all said and done.  (Though I did ask myself what the hell we were doing when Drew told me we had 4 hours left in our 11 hour flight when we really had 7 left.  Jerk.)  We somehow managed the long flights ok and made to SF by noon on Thursday.  Time travel is weird.  We stayed with friends one night and a variety of hotels the next three nights and basically did our own food tour of the city throughout our stay, as per usual.

Here are some pics!

We desperately wanted Dim Sum and this place was rumored to have some of the best pork buns around.  We were the only white people there, which means it's legit.  It said "Dim Sum Nice Food" on the window.

Steaming dumplings!

Pork buns.  Everything we ever could have wanted in life.

Later in the afternoon, we stopped by a place called Giordano's, a sandwich place from Pittsburgh.  Drew has been obsessed with this type of pastrami + cheese + fries + slaw sandwich ever since he saw a special on the Primanti Brothers in Pittsburgh and we had to try it.

It did NOT disappoint.  And now Drew doesn't have to make a special trip to Pittsburgh anytime soon.

And then for dinner we went to another one of our favorite pizza places in the world, Tony's Napoletana, and got the New Yorker.  Pepperoni, sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, and a bunch of other heavenly stuff that I can't describe.  SO. GOOD.

The wedding was in Oakland at 2pm the next day so we got an early pancake breakfast and made it to the church on time!

A blurry picture of the happy couple!

My Dublin gal pals, old and new.
(Tara, me, Autumn, Emily, Niamh, Janice)

Me and Missy!

Drew and Tom!

Another prom pic.

We've been to SF before, so we didn't necessarily have to do the tourist stuff.  So on Sunday, we went straight to the Ferry Building to walk around the food stalls and eventually settled on a chocolate shake.

Then we walked to Fisherman's Wharf to see the seals cause I'm a sucker.

There's a humongous seal on the edge of that dock that I thought was fake until he started moving his head and made barking noises.

A man and his robe, enjoying the view.
(We stayed at Le Meridian the last night and got a free room upgrade!  Holllaaa!)

We had a lovely view of the Bay and of Coit Tower.  Cool!
The wedding was such a great time!  I'm so glad we went.  The band was awesome and the food was pretty amazing and getting to see all of my pals from Dublin and various parts of the States now was so fun.  Tom and Missy are some of our best pals and seeing them get married was such a special treat.  The trip was over as quick as it started and we left Monday to arrive in Dublin on Tuesday afternoon.  Jet lag has been terrible but sleeping til noon today certainly helped - and Drew's done working now, so I'm showing him the ropes on how to reallllllllly take it easy during the day.  I think he'll get used to it in no time.

We already started packing for our trip, we have a "going away" happy hour for Drew with his coworkers tomorrow night, and we leave bright and early Saturday morning!  I'll try to check in again before we leave, and I'm already attempting to figure out how to blog on the trip.  For my 3 readers out there.

Alright, off to bed.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment