Saturday, June 14, 2014

Positano

Greetings!  And apologies for not writing like I said I would.  We actually didn't bring the right converter for Italy and I couldn't charge my computer or upload any pictures and it was a DISASTER!!  But we're all good now.


We are currently writing to you LIVE from Santorini, Greece, where I just took this selfie of us on our hotel balcony, waiting for the sun to go down.  Evidently they have some of the best sunsets in the world on this island and we have a prime spot for it.

But enough about Greece.  I'm here to talk about ITALY!  Positano, more specifically.  It was awesome and magical and beautiful.  We were there for 3 days and I think of all the Italian cities we went to, this one was by far our favorite.  It was just too picturesque for words and the beaches and lounging were unparalleled.  Here are some highlights:


Yummy breakfast on our porch every morning.  Love.

A tourist walking down the mountain into town/on the beach.  

Another cute tourist lounging on the little beach we hiked to.

Testing the waters.  And that water was COLD.  Like icy.  You just had to jump in or you weren't getting in.

Dinner at Chez Black with Evan and Elise, who finally made it there!
This was "Spaghetti with Cuttlefish Ink" and they were VERY SERIOUS about this ink.  They made me put a bib on and everyone made fun of me because they said it looked like a pen had burst in my mouth after I took one bite.  Whoops.  It was delicious though.

Drew tried a "Rossini" - champagne and strawberries, and loved it.  New fave drink.

Elise and Evan at Music on the Rocks, a bumpin' rooftop bar.

Drew and I the next day at Le Sirenuse for cocktails.  Lovely setting, yummy drinks, and free apps!  Doesn't get better than that.

We took a boat one day to Arrienzo Beach.  They have these things called "lidos", which are basically beach clubs, where you pay like €8 for a chair, access to their beach, their showers, bathrooms, changing rooms, and restaurants for the day.  Worth it.

Swimming/freezing in the Med.
Taking the boat out to another beach.
Our favorite meal of the week - La Tagliata.   This was a family-owned restaurant way high up in the mountains that served you amazing family-style dishes and unlimited house wine all for €35!  It was a really nice restaurant with amazing views and staff and we actually felt wrong only paying them €35.  This was the first course, which comprised of about 10 different vegetable dishes.

And the pasta course, which included zucchini pasta tubes, "Mama's Pasta", pumpkin ravioli, and gnocchi with tomato sauce and mozzarella.  SO GOOD.

And the meat course!  We had sausages, pork chops, veal, beef, chicken, lamb, and rabbit.  Insane.


Young love.

Older love.  And my hair and lipstick make me look like I'm from 1987.  Ah well!


We truly loved our time here.  Magical people at our hotel and magical dining experiences and I clearly need to find a thesaurus to further explain our love for this city.

Off to find some Greek food.  Hopefully posting more on the rest of Italy later!

No comments:

Post a Comment