Tuesday, November 27, 2012

3 Girls, a Drew, and a Week in 500 Sq. Ft

Hello all!

This is Drew, reporting for guest blogging duty.  I realize it has been a while, but Lauren does such a great job that there hasn't been much additional for me to really say.  Well that all stops now!  As you all know by now, we had some visitors last week.  Some girl visitors.  And I have some hot sports opinions about being around 3 best friends who are females for a week that I thought I would share with the 50-84 of you who read this on a regular basis.

First, let me preface this by saying I had an AWESOME time, and this is not a negative reflection on our time together.  Granted, I do know Meredith and Molly pretty well, so it wasn't real weird for me.  However, for those of you thinking of coming that are of the female persuasion, don't let that stop you (cough cough, Kathleen).  Drew loves all kinds of girls, blonde ones, brunette ones, and even redheads.  Here we go:

1.  Girl talk is not so different than guy talk.  There is a surprising amount of 'bathroom talk/humor'.  Makes me feel right at home, and is something I can contribute to.  Shocking I know.

2.  If there is ever a lull in the conversation, these girls are quick to say something to the likes of 'So tell me the time you most ___', or 'what is the time you struggled with___', or 'if you could change one thing about growing up, what would it be?'  Here is another shocking statement from me - I don't like deep, emotional questions.  I would rather talk about the local sports team, or tell a fart joke.  So sue me.  Being with girls for this long does not allow you to side-step any of the tough questions.  I was forced to answer with a lot of 'what she said' or' hmmm, that is a tough one, I'll have to get back to you' and then hope they didn't circle back.

3.  Out-of-town visitors don't walk very fast.  Even Meredith, who walks a lot, doesn't walk as fast as we do.  When you have to get places by walking, I guess you tend to walk faster.

4.  Girls love to make excuses for not washing their hair.  Glad to know it isn't just Lauren.  (I'm probably in trouble now.)

5.  Girls shed.  A lot.  Lauren gives me a hard time for body hair being all over the tub, floor, etc., but 8 days with 2 blondes and a brown head is like walking around a barber shop.

6.  All guys in a foreign country (that speak English) may as well look like Prince William.  I can't count on one hand how many times I had to say, 'Ladies (and this includes Lauren), that guy is NOT attractive.'  All future visitors - there are attractive Irish guys, but there are also douchey ones.  I'm just saying.


Daddy's little girls.
All in all it was a great week.  No drama the whole time.  I think they probably enjoyed the fact that I had to go to work for 3 of the days, so they could do girly stuff and not have to worry about me.  All of the above being said, I would bring them back in a heartbeat.  My favorite parts of the week were each girl's arrival.  Watching Lauren's face as they got off the bus was worth the price of admission (cue tears for some of you).  Girls definitely also share special bonds that guys just don't have.  It was nice to have friends in town over my birthday and Thanksgiving, and I know how happy Lauren was the whole time.  Telling them goodbye was tough, but we will see them soon.  If you too would like to come visit, please let us know.  As long as we aren't going out of town that weekend, the more the merrier.

Well folks, that's all for now.  I'm sure you will all be at the edge of your computer chairs waiting for my next blog.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment