Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas Street Lighting

On Thursday, my pal Lauren and I (and her cute baby) decided to be festive and get a pastry from the Queen of Tarts and head over to see the Christmas Street Lighting on Grafton!  Grafton is the main shopping street in the City Centre and they've been putting lights up and preparing for Christmas for weeks and weeks.  Brown Thomas, the luxury department store here (kinda like a Nordstroms or Neiman's) also has their own Christmas window displays and usually has an international celebrity come and help unveil them.  I thought it was all happening at the same time (the lighting and the unveiling) but evidently the celeb and the windows were already out by the time we got ready for the lights.  Oh well.  It was still fun and festive and puts me in the Christmas mood!

Pear, chocolate, and almond tart.

Pretty!

Fa la la la la.


Personally...I think these window displays are a bit gaudy and look like they're out of the 80s, but evidently they're a huge deal.  So I'll go along with it.






Instagram.
I came home and immediately turned on Christmas tunes, which is usually against my policy but I couldn't help it!  The Christmas Season has come to Ireland and I'm gonna embrace my new culture!

Drew and I are running around today like frazzled chickens with their heads cut off trying to prep for Mere and Moll's arrival!  So so excited.  

Merry early Christmas and Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Those windows seem just a little bit "over the top" to me. Like a bit much in them. Neiman's could teach them a little about window dressing!

    ReplyDelete