Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Irish Problems

*Note: Some language has been edited after the editor/husband read the writer's original work.

It's 9:35PM, and I just spent 2 hours making a "Creamy White Chicken Artichoke Lasagna" from Pinterest, a new goal of mine (to make one new thing from Pinterest per week), only to realize that the freaking oven doesn't even freaking work.  And did I mention I don't have a dishwasher and I have to wash each of the 20 dishes I used to MAKE the freaking casserole by hand?  Only to have the oven STOP FREAKING WORKING??  

And did I mention that I spent like 2 hours at the freaking grocery story today, looking for several NORMAL AMERICAN ingredients that the Irish DON'T EVEN HAVE?  That the freaking APPLESAUCE was hidden behind the WORSTERCERSHIRE SAUCE?  And then I had to carry all the groceries home in one big giant Ikea bag that cut off the circulation in my shoulder?  And that they didn't even have artichokes in the first stores so I had to drop off my groceries and then head out to a SECOND grocery store to find artichokes that cost what a nice dinner out would??  And that my washing machine/dryer doesn't even dry my sheets so I might have to put WET SHEETS back on the bed tonight?  And did I mention that Drew is STILL AT WORK which means he's in a terrible mood which means I'M in an even WORSE MOOD due to my lack of dinner, lack of dry sheets, lack of job search, and lack of being a dutiful and capable house wife when I don't have a freaking job!?

I'm not in a good place right now.  I didn't apply for any jobs today, though I did technically look; my dinner isn't freaking ready, the oven breaks, the internet goes out, the fire alarm has gone off in this apartment building TWICE tonight (though I've ignored it), the bed isn't made, there's hair all over the bathroom floor, and I'm slowly but surely falling freaking apart.  

That's all.  Bye.  

Oh - the two pieces of bread I toasted to make my defeated bullshit peanut butter and jelly sandwich came out blackened and burned.  Wasting two pieces of the new bread I bought today, that doesn't last more than 4 days without growing mold anyway.  

Now that's really all.  Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Possibly we should thank the editor/husband for his input! Sounds like an awful, horrible, terrible really bad day! Surely tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us how you really feel!
    DAD

    ReplyDelete