Thursday, August 16, 2012

Not A Lot

I think the guy at the shop across the street where I buy my wine now knows me.  And judges me.  When you're at home as much as I am, a glass of wine signifies the end of the day for me.  A transition from day to evening...when you can start making dinner and doing whatever else "evening" means.  So he and anyone else can judge away but I like a glass of wine at the end of the day!  So sue me!

In other news, after two days of calling the electrician incessantly to come fix our oven, he FINALLY CALLED last night at...11pm.  That's right.  He was short staffed and on his way home and wanted to know if I wanted him to drop by.  It was really late and we wanted to go to bed but damnit, I wanted my oven fixed.  So I buzzed him on up and he fixed our oven while Drew and I watched our Tivoed Olympic Closing Ceremonies.  The electrician came and sat on the couch and watched them with us when he finished.  No joke.  I am now happy to report that the oven is working, I baked some healthy cookies this morning, and will get to bake my lasagna over which I had the breakdown on Monday.  Yay!

I don't have a lot to report today.  The past two or three days have been interesting emotionally and I've had some ups and downs but applying for jobs, talking to good friends, going on long walks, getting reassuring emails from sis-in-law, praying, and a working oven have improved things significantly.  I actually went to a coffee shop with my computer today for the first time ever in my life to get some work done!  (Work being job applications.)  I felt so legit with my Iced Mocha but definitely lost significant street cred when I asked repeatedly if they could make it with DECAF coffee.  I'll never be an Irish hipster, I guess.  

Alright, I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine and preheat my functioning oven for my better-be-delicious lasagna.  Seeeeee ya.

1 comment: