Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Apartment Pics

I don't think I made it very clear in my previous posts, but Drew and I DID find an apartment, the one we looked at on Love Lane (aw!) I talked about the other day.  I had kinda mentioned that I didn't love it and didn't have the greatest attitude about it, but we met with our landlord last night and I think it's going to work.  The location is perfect for what we want and while it IS REALLY small, I can fix it up and make it just what we want.  Nothing that a trip to Ikea can't fix.  I took some "BEFORE" pictures last night so everyone can see it.


The outside of our building.

Drew in the lobby, asking me what I'm doing.

The lift.
The view from the front door when you walk in.  I'm telling you...it's small.
Bathroom on the immediate left, then the bedroom, and then the living room and kitchen through that door on the right.

The view of the front door.  Yes, that's a pink sponge-painted wall.

You walk through the living room and into this kitchen.

Another view of the kitchen.  Look at our huge fridge!  (No sarcasm, that really is huge here.)

Another side view of the kitchen and fridge and PANTRY!  (Which is also unheard of.)

Other side of the kitchen.  That's a washer/dryer combo.  More on that later.  No dishwasher.   Hmmm.
Our tiny bedroom.  Yes, that's a purple wall.

Otherside of the bedroom with the wardrobe.
Bathroom.


More bathroom.






Half of the living room with a tiny balcony.


Another part of the living room (the kitchen is right past that heater on the right).
I couldn't get a picture of the far wall because that's where the landlord was sitting and I don't think she would have appreciated making a guest appearance on my blog.  But it's got a leather couch and a table and chairs in the corner.  And there's plenty of room for a queen sized air mattress!  We'll do some rearranging and buy some things to make it cozier and homier and it'll be GREAT!  We will probably move in on Thursday and I believe our shipped stuff will come Thursday as well.  That'll give me a lot to do this week and next, and that's fine with me!

1 comment:

  1. Other than the leather furniture and the wall colors, it's adorable. I have no doubt you'll make it feel like home quickly. Are you allowed to hang things? If you can't put nails in wall, let us know and we'll send you a ton of the Command strips. Seriously! Good luck setting everything up!

    ReplyDelete