Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Before Pics

I took some blurry "before" pics of our apartment with my phone so you can kinda see the ridiculous mess and unbelievable amount of stuff we have to find a place for.


Here is our purple bedroom...








Our wardrobe, which is already full of the clothes we shipped.  No place to put the clothes we packed in the two huge body bag duffles we brought.  Awesome!

Our hallway and living room....







Kitchen....



Cute Texas towel that Lauren and John gave us!


Thank GOD my box full of intellectually stimulating DVDs arrived.  (This is for you, Blakely.)


Friday evening with a glass of wine in our apartment!


We are slowly but surely making progess: putting things away, removing trash and boxes, changing out the ridiculously colored curtains that smell HORRIBLE, washing sheets and making the bed, and we've made an even longer list of things we still need to get.  But we're taking it one day at a time, as we do with everything here, and it should be good to go soon!  I went grocery shopping for the first time last night, and I even cooked my first meal here for lunch today (scrambled eggs, very impressive)!  Side note: this no dishwasher thing is going to get real old, real fast.  


Today I'm off to the slowest bank in the world to see if our checks have cleared, and maybe headed to our old apartment mailbox to see if I can break in and get our mail that we no longer have access to.  Then maybe some more errand-running for some more items for the apartment.  Who knows!?  The world is my oyster.


I'll be back with more "after" pics when I deem it presentable.  See ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment