Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 2

Day 2 was the busiest day we've had thus far.  All two days we've been here.  Ha.  We woke up early and walked to the PWC office on the River Liffey.  The walk was around 45 minutes, and it was supposed to be 15 minutes according to the cab driver.  Ah well.  I have noticed that there is absolutely NO POINT in ever doing my hair again here.  My hair is my security blanket.  It needs to be down, preferably curled, and I feel more secured with myself and my body and my life.  Here, it inevitably gets frizzy and sweaty and out of control in a minute's time.  Drew even told me I needed to do something with it because it looked bunk.  Man!  I CANNOT go through 2 years of not doing my hair and not feeling good about myself so I'm not sure what I'll do.  I'll figure it out.  We also dressed in layers because it appeared to be cold as we left, but soon after we started hauling ass we were sweating in no time.  Damnit!!  


We walked into the PWC building, which is located directly on the River Liffey in a brand new very modern building.  Jane, his HR person, came down and introduced herself to us, and whisked Drew away to do paperwork and make introductions and take a tour.  I took time to read brochures on PWC Dublin and to notice everyone's outfits.  I meanwhile sat in the lobby waiting patiently, and I suddenly realized that I forgot to eat breakfast.  I brainstormed ideas of things I could eat in my purse - should never have taken those snacks out yesterday.  Does notebook paper taste good?  I was fading fast.  He finally returned and we headed to a little deli along the river called the Pig and Heifer for some pastrami and gorgonzola sandwiches.  Mmmm.  Just what the doctor ordered. 


PWC: Making dreams come true since 2012

We then went to view other apartment buildings.  It was POURING RAIN ALL F-ING DAY so I knew we were in for a real treat.  Drew had set up 4 viewings all throughout the afternoon so...here we go.  The first place we saw was very close to the tourist attractions (Trinity College, St. Stephen's Green) and we liked it ok.  It hadn't been cleaned or painted but looked like it could be doable.  We were just concerned with the location and if it would be too crowded.  The second place was located on Love Lane (ha.) and was pretty cute I guess.  Drew liked it, especially the location, but something about it...made me not love it.  I don't know what or why.  Leather furniture?  Not clean enough?  Waiting outside in the rain 30 minutes?  I'm not sure.  Not my fave.  The third place was our biggest disappointment thus far.  This place was called Auron Court, and it was a BEAUTIFUL Georgian row house with a cute painted red door on a long street of fabulous houses and cute bars and restaurants.  It was the top floor apartment and the location was the best in the whole city.  Literally.  We waited outside in the rain for the douchey real estate agent to show up, only for him to show us THE BIGGEST SHIT HOLE WE'VE EVER SEEN.  Literally.  Such a joke of an apartment and such a huge freakin disappointment!  SO dirty, futons with stains on them, kitchens with stains on them, a bathroom infested with moths, SO GROSS.  Ugh.  The last apartment was north of the river, inhabited by 2 large gothic Swedes who I actually believed had lured us there to kill us.  They ended up being very nice people hoping to get out of their lease but the location wasn't ideal and the said they wouldn't clean the place which made me wanna vom.  So we let that place go.  We were so incredibly tired and we cabbed it to a couple of pubs for drinks and dinner, and then home for bed.  Sheesh.


Guinness coaster - reminded me of John

Some of Day 2's observations:  men wear tight, short, cropped suits here.  Drew will look like a gangster but Evan would fit in perfectly.  I need to buy Converse All Stars immediately.  I have blisters all over my feet and am forced to wear my big bulky tennis shoes and I feel like a dumb...a-hole.  I have another word I'd like to use there but I WON'T because of my audience.  They just look bad.  I can wear the cutest outfit up top but if you look at my feet I look like a manly tourist.  I need some Converse because they're popular and comfy here.  It rained all afternoon.  I'll have to get used to the weather.  It wasn't fun.  But we'll get used to it and it'll be fine!  And last but not least, we got our phones set up.  This was a big deal because I've felt out of the loop and upset since we got here with my lack of internet on my phone.  We have it now!  Anyone I know - download Viber and let's chat!  I gotta get all that figured out but it will be soon enough.



We took a brief walk through Trinity College and saw these pretty buildings!

More pretty greenery at Trinity College.


I'm tired and ready for bed.  Goodnight all!



No comments:

Post a Comment